Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring/Summer 2013 Hair CoLor InsPiraTioNs

   I'm on the east coast in New York City and I am dying for Spring to get here.  I already have my spring hair and it's purple.  Pastels, teals, blues, pinks and purple are the trend for the season.  This trend is for the bold fashionista who is not afraid to literally let her hair down.  Anytime you color your hair you have to give it a little TLC.  Remember that color is a commitment. So if you choose to do this consider the cost to upkeep it and the wear and tear it can possibly have on your mane.  To achieve these colors the hair must be pre-lightened first for the intensity.  Choose a stylist/colorist that truly understands YOUR hair and one that will be honest in telling you as to whether your hair can withstand the color process, not just one that wants to take your money.  I will NEVER recommend you doing this at home. You will need to purchase PROFESSIONAL products to maintain the integrity of your strands.  Cheap shampoo/conditioner will ruin the hair and your color. There are always alternatives to applying color all over like extensions and wigs.  Here are a couple of looks that I know you will absolutely love.


*(CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE) The Olsen Twins are pastel pink & lavendar. Rapper Azaelia Banks
wears teal inspired extensions. Then there is me holding the iPhone with my naturally curly hair in Adore's Purple Rage.  A model with hot pink highlights, a blonde with ombre pink hair, an icy pink haired
model and the tral and purple bowl cut model. I love it! Get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment